Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Litigation can be destructive and draining financially and emotionally. We at Bill & Williams Advocates encourage amicable settlement and believe that litigation should be the last resort.
Our litigation department is prepared to bring out practical solutions to matters which may end up being a court case. We are aware that a good case is won at the office table before reaching the Judge’s chambers.
We are strategically located at the heart of Arusha Region where we actively litigate in the regional and international Courts especially in The East African Court of Justice (EACJ) as well as The African Court on Human and Peoples Rights (AfCHPR).
We help Companies, Businesses, NGOs and Investors create structures in line with commercial laws, rules and procedures to enable them realise their objectives while maximizing profit in compliance of the law.
Our team under the Corporate & Advisory Services department is trained to professionally cater for clients’ needs such as company secretarial services, commercial drafting, incorporation of companies and business registrations, post compliance and restructuring to their satisfaction.
Land ownership and transfers by sale, lease, mortgage and gift is an area fully tapped at Bill & Williams Advocates. Let us help you with any kind of transfer in title a landed property. We have a long term experience in drafting relevant documents, procedures, applicable taxes as well as relevant government institutions for any kind of transfer.
Intellectual Property Right
With our team of practitioners on IP we are IP consultants and Trademark Agents. We help our clients with registration, renewals, opposition proceedings and regular IP health check on IP assets.
Employment & Labour
Employment and labour relations is crucial to the development of any institution. We are approached to render our advice on;
- Procedures for fair termination of employment,
- Review and draft of legally acceptable employment contracts
- Terminal benefits, pension schemes and industrial health and safety matters
- Advising business enterprises, boards and company management teams in Tanzania on labour and industrial relations
- Legal representation at the Commission for Mediation and Arbitration, and revision at the High Court of Tanzania and appeal at the Court of appeal of Tanzania.
Consultancy & Advisory Services
Apart from traditional legal services, the Firm undertakes consultative assignments in such areas as; Development Projects, Business Management and Organisational Policies formulations. The firm was recently involved in the following consultative assignments;
- Baseline Survey on the Status of implementation of Decisions of the East African Court of Justice (EACJ) and Level of Awareness of the EACJ in Tanzania, by the East Africa LawSociety (EALS) (in collaboration with Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights (RWI)August 2018;
- Co-Consultant with ADM International Business and Management Consultants Limited – to develop Proposals for Business Projects intended for Moshi District, November 2018, on-going assignment;
- Land Management and Conservation Policy, by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT) – North Central Diocese October, 2018;
- Co-Consultant with Resources Insight Consultancy Limited in establishing an Environmental Policy, and By-Law for Environmental Management and Conservation for Ngorongoro District (Sheria Ndogo ya Usimamizi na Uhifadhi wa Mazingira ya Halmashauri ya Wilaya ya Ngorongoro, 2017), November 2017